Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Patching and Purchasing

This weekend we prepped the basement floor to paint the concrete (photos of that to come just as soon as the paint dries). My goodness, there were a lot of holes and cracks! Here are some photos of the patch work. Attractive, isn’t it?



And we had to add one more crack to the floor before painting. Tyler carved out a deep trail to run tubing to the drain that sits in the middle of the future guest bedroom so that we could remove the PVC pipe that currently does the job. (Side note: I actually have no idea what drains there, so I don’t know what “the job” is.)



So our first exciting purchase of the weekend was an angle grinder to carve out the trail to the drain. Wait, did I say “our”? Oops, only one of us was truly excited about this purchase. I’ll let you figure out who. (Hint: This person also said he/she would like a new set of tools as a wedding present...it’s the little thrills in life.) Here’s a reenactment of Tyler using his new toy.


Sorry there’s no action shot of him grinding that concrete. But that leads me to our second exciting purchase. And this one really was exciting for both of us. Sunday we bought a Canon EOS Rebel T2i (my gosh, that is a mouthful)! It’s our first DSLR, so it is going to take us a while to get the hang of it, but I’m excited to see what kind of pictures we can take when we do. For obvious reasons, there is no photo of the camera, but I did break it in taking photos of our babies, Molson and Slagathor. (I can't promise anything, but I will try to keep the puppy photoshoots to a minimum.)


Fun fact: Both of our dogs have underbites--we did not plan it that way.
Molson has an addiction to tennis balls and gets a little crazy over them. This is her jumping to grab the ball out of Tyler's hands 

And chewing on a bone.
This is Slagathor's usual pose. Her favorite things in life are food, sleep, and cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment