Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

You Are Cordially Invited...


Yikes, it has been too long since my last post. Time flies when you’re…not working on your basement. It’s true, the basement renovation has been at a standstill (life just keeps getting in the way!). But the good news is we plan to work on it soon, so there may be some small but important improvements this week.

While not much has been going on with the basement, preparations for the wedding have still been coming along. And today we are able to cross one more item off our to-do list. We bought an invitation kit!


My plan was to either print the invitations ourselves or find a place to do them for cheap, then buy awesome envelopes and replicate the process I saw here (seriously, that girl is amazingly creative!). But I knew that would be a lot of work, and the envelopes I found would cost me $50 alone. And since this invitation kit that includes everything was marked down from $40 to $20 at Target for 50 invitations (good eye, Future Mother-in-Law), I figured it was a better way to go. Since we will need closer to 100 invitations, our total cost (minus postage) was around $40. Not too shabby.


I had already “designed” (I use the term loosely) our wedding invitations, so I just had to adjust the size (and color) a bit to fit the sheets provided in the kit. Quick and easy. Here’s the result (it printed a bit crooked, so it’s clearly just a sample):

 

Tyler really wanted to embrace the barn theme and make our invitations look like old “Wanted” posters. Since he hasn’t had many specific requests for the wedding, I figured I better give him this one. Plus, we want the invitations to set a fun, somewhat casual theme for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment